22RTE-Trucks
March 18, 2019, 11:39:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Hi all - Welcome back for the second time this month!

I apologize for the inconvenience of the site being offline. The site was down for technical reasons, but it didn't help that I was of offline for two weeks (camping and travel). Once I got back, it took a while to get things sorted out. That's resolved, and the site is now back up. Huzzah!

Please take a minute and read the Site News thread I've posted in the General section, and feel free to comment. Thanks!

mosk
Admin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Engine Trouble Codes  (Read 15526 times)
mosk
Pooh Bah
Administrator
All cylinders

Been there, done that

View Profile WWW
« on: November 17, 2007, 01:21:56 AM »

Instead of rewriting the following articles, I am going to point to the originals; it takes you off this site, but it's more fair.

Here's the old off-road.com article Jim Brink wrote regarding 22RE/RTE diagnostic codes. This is pretty much the definitive article on 22RE/RTE trouble codes:

http://www.22rte-trucks.com/public_files/Toyota_Truck_Diagnostic_Trouble_Codes.pdf

UPDATE 7-14-2010: The original off-road.com link went dead, but I found a mirrored, PDF copy of the original article. Our trucks and 4Runners use the codes in the first (One Digit) column.

Roger Brown has a bit more info on his great site:

http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/CheapTricks/index.shtml#TimingCheckConnector

For turbo trucks, code 14 is the overboost code. Code 14 shows up every time you hit fuel cut.

-Jeff
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 07:57:15 PM by mosk » Logged

Ugly, but probably worth reading: Jeff's 22R-TE Page
Just sayin': If Ronmar and I both post on the same topic, listen to Ronmar! His answers are typically better and more accurate than mine. Cheesy
mosk
Pooh Bah
Administrator
All cylinders

Been there, done that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 06:45:45 AM »

1986 truck shown.

Ugly, but probably worth reading: Jeff's 22R-TE Page
Just sayin': If Ronmar and I both post on the same topic, listen to Ronmar! His answers are typically better and more accurate than mine. Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: