Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 01, 2014, 04:11:09 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: New members: Due to spam -- and you wouldn't believe how much there is -- new membership is not granted automatically. To become a member, please complete the registration process AND send an email to admin@22rte-trucks.com. The email can be brief, and should demonstrate you are a real person interested in these trucks and not a spammer. Your privacy is respected, and your email address will never be shared. See this topic for more info.

New members MUST follow through with an email or their membership will not be approved.

Really: No email, no membership!

+  22RTE-Trucks
|-+  All 22RTE, all the time
| |-+  22RTE - FAQs
| | |-+  Engine Trouble Codes
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Engine Trouble Codes  (Read 7722 times)
mosk
Pooh Bah
Administrator
All cylinders

Been there, done that

View Profile WWW
Engine Trouble Codes
« on: November 16, 2007, 06:21:56 PM »

Instead of rewriting the following articles, I am going to point to the originals; it takes you off this site, but it's more fair.

Here's the old off-road.com article Jim Brink wrote regarding 22RE/RTE diagnostic codes. This is pretty much the definitive article on 22RE/RTE trouble codes:

http://www.22rte-trucks.com/public_files/Toyota_Truck_Diagnostic_Trouble_Codes.pdf

UPDATE 7-14-2010: The original off-road.com link went dead, but I found a mirrored, PDF copy of the original article. Our trucks and 4Runners use the codes in the first (One Digit) column.

Roger Brown has a bit more info on his great site:

http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/CheapTricks/index.shtml#TimingCheckConnector

For turbo trucks, code 14 is the overboost code. Code 14 shows up every time you hit fuel cut.

-Jeff
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 12:57:15 PM by mosk » Logged

Ugly, but probably worth reading: Jeff's 22R-TE Page
Just sayin': If Ronmar and I both post on the same topic, listen to Ronmar! His answers are typically better and more accurate than mine. Cheesy
mosk
Pooh Bah
Administrator
All cylinders

Been there, done that

View Profile WWW
Re: Engine Trouble Codes
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 11:45:45 PM »

1986 truck shown.

Ugly, but probably worth reading: Jeff's 22R-TE Page
Just sayin': If Ronmar and I both post on the same topic, listen to Ronmar! His answers are typically better and more accurate than mine. Cheesy
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length