Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2017, 08:30:09 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: New members: Due to spam -- and you wouldn't believe how much there is -- new membership is not granted automatically. To become a member, please complete the registration process AND send an email to admin@22rte-trucks.com. The email can be brief, and should demonstrate you are a real person interested in these trucks and not a spammer. Your privacy is respected, and your email address will never be shared. See this topic for more info.

New members MUST follow through with an email or their membership will not be approved.

Really: No email, no membership!

+  22RTE-Trucks
|-+  All 22RTE, all the time
| |-+  22RTE - General discussion
| | |-+  NEW - Requirements for new members, 11-12-2008
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: NEW - Requirements for new members, 11-12-2008  (Read 34439 times)
mosk
Pooh Bah
Administrator
All cylinders

Been there, done that

View Profile WWW
NEW - Requirements for new members, 11-12-2008
« on: November 12, 2008, 06:03:03 PM »

Hi all,

Wearing the Admin hat here. I've seen a spike in spam activity in the last 24 hours or so and have killed a few threads that were started by spammers. That got old fast, so I've decided to change the new membership registration process from "wide open" to "make me believe you are a real person interested in discussing these trucks and motors."

The process is simple and has two parts:

1. Complete the Registration process as you would to join any forum -- click the Registration button and provide the necessary information, etc.

2. Send an email to admin@22rte-trucks.com, and include a brief explanation of why you want to join the forum. It doesn't need to be a novel, but it does need to provide enough detail to establish that you are genuinely interested in these trucks and aren't a spammer. I will respect your privacy and will never share your email address with a third party. Be patient after sending the email. I'll try to approve all legitimate membership requests within 24 hours.

Existing members do not need to do anything; just keep posting as usual.  Grin

Thanks, and apologies for the inconvenience,

-Jeff
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 11:47:23 AM by mosk » Logged

Ugly, but probably worth reading: Jeff's 22R-TE Page
Just sayin': If Ronmar and I both post on the same topic, listen to Ronmar! His answers are typically better and more accurate than mine. Cheesy
khoopes
One cylinder

View Profile
Re: NEW - Requirements for new members, 11-12-2008
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 07:00:37 AM »

They have been marauding my forums as well. Power to you Mosk!

Kristopher Erik Hoopes

88 X-Cab 4WD 22RTE
87 4Runner 22RTE
mosk
Pooh Bah
Administrator
All cylinders

Been there, done that

View Profile WWW
UPDATE: 12-16-2009
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 02:15:04 PM »

Just an update to clarify a few things about this policy:

1. All unapproved membership requests are kept in the queue for 7 days, or until I receive your email. Any unapproved membership request is dropped after 7 days, but you can resubmit.

2. You have to send me an "I am real and want to discuss 22RTE trucks" email, or your membership request is rejected. Again, I don't need your life story, I just need some communication to prove you are real and have a legitimate interest in our discussions.

3. Periodically, I compare the IP addresses of all submitted membership requests against several blacklists of known spam-originating IP addresses. If the IP address of the submitter is on a blacklist, their membership request is rejected,

-Jeff
Admin
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 07:42:19 AM by mosk » Logged

Ugly, but probably worth reading: Jeff's 22R-TE Page
Just sayin': If Ronmar and I both post on the same topic, listen to Ronmar! His answers are typically better and more accurate than mine. Cheesy
turbonuts

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 02:05:51 AM »

I like that you had a process to become a member on this site. It keeps the flakes away!! Thanks for the approval
sirdeuce
One cylinder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 11:51:58 AM »

Went through your prescribed process, Good idea! In the attempt to reduce the garbage I'm glad to have done it.
07BuiltLBZ

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 12:56:19 PM »

Hey fellas
I'm new to the forum and 22re motors so bare with me. I have a stock 22re I'm looking to do a minor build and boost it. It's just gonna be my summer commuter sleeper rig . It's just a plain Jane two wheel drive yota. Just looking for someone to point me in the right direction and some feedback.. Thankss!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length