22RTE-Trucks
August 20, 2017, 09:45:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Hi all - Welcome back for the second time this month!

I apologize for the inconvenience of the site being offline. The site was down for technical reasons, but it didn't help that I was of offline for two weeks (camping and travel). Once I got back, it took a while to get things sorted out. That's resolved, and the site is now back up. Huzzah!

Please take a minute and read the Site News thread I've posted in the General section, and feel free to comment. Thanks!

mosk
Admin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW - Requirements for new members, 11-12-2008  (Read 34541 times)
mosk
Pooh Bah
Administrator
All cylinders

Been there, done that

View Profile WWW
« on: November 13, 2008, 01:03:03 AM »

Hi all,

Wearing the Admin hat here. I've seen a spike in spam activity in the last 24 hours or so and have killed a few threads that were started by spammers. That got old fast, so I've decided to change the new membership registration process from "wide open" to "make me believe you are a real person interested in discussing these trucks and motors."

The process is simple and has two parts:

1. Complete the Registration process as you would to join any forum -- click the Registration button and provide the necessary information, etc.

2. Send an email to admin@22rte-trucks.com, and include a brief explanation of why you want to join the forum. It doesn't need to be a novel, but it does need to provide enough detail to establish that you are genuinely interested in these trucks and aren't a spammer. I will respect your privacy and will never share your email address with a third party. Be patient after sending the email. I'll try to approve all legitimate membership requests within 24 hours.

Existing members do not need to do anything; just keep posting as usual.  Grin

Thanks, and apologies for the inconvenience,

-Jeff
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 06:47:23 PM by mosk » Logged

Ugly, but probably worth reading: Jeff's 22R-TE Page
Just sayin': If Ronmar and I both post on the same topic, listen to Ronmar! His answers are typically better and more accurate than mine. Cheesy
khoopes
One cylinder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 02:00:37 PM »

They have been marauding my forums as well. Power to you Mosk!

Kristopher Erik Hoopes

88 X-Cab 4WD 22RTE
87 4Runner 22RTE
mosk
Pooh Bah
Administrator
All cylinders

Been there, done that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 09:15:04 PM »

Just an update to clarify a few things about this policy:

1. All unapproved membership requests are kept in the queue for 7 days, or until I receive your email. Any unapproved membership request is dropped after 7 days, but you can resubmit.

2. You have to send me an "I am real and want to discuss 22RTE trucks" email, or your membership request is rejected. Again, I don't need your life story, I just need some communication to prove you are real and have a legitimate interest in our discussions.

3. Periodically, I compare the IP addresses of all submitted membership requests against several blacklists of known spam-originating IP addresses. If the IP address of the submitter is on a blacklist, their membership request is rejected,

-Jeff
Admin
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 02:42:19 PM by mosk » Logged

Ugly, but probably worth reading: Jeff's 22R-TE Page
Just sayin': If Ronmar and I both post on the same topic, listen to Ronmar! His answers are typically better and more accurate than mine. Cheesy
turbonuts

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 09:05:51 AM »

I like that you had a process to become a member on this site. It keeps the flakes away!! Thanks for the approval
sirdeuce
One cylinder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 06:51:58 PM »

Went through your prescribed process, Good idea! In the attempt to reduce the garbage I'm glad to have done it.
07BuiltLBZ

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 07:56:19 PM »

Hey fellas
I'm new to the forum and 22re motors so bare with me. I have a stock 22re I'm looking to do a minor build and boost it. It's just gonna be my summer commuter sleeper rig . It's just a plain Jane two wheel drive yota. Just looking for someone to point me in the right direction and some feedback.. Thankss!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: