22RTE-Trucks
November 14, 2018, 12:23:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New members: Due to spam -- and you wouldn't believe how much there is -- new membership is not granted automatically. To become a member, please complete the registration process AND send an email to admin@22rte-trucks.com. The email can be brief, and should demonstrate you are a real person interested in these trucks and not a spammer. Your privacy is respected, and your email address will never be shared. See this threadfor more info.

New members MUST follow through with an email or their membership will not be approved.

Really: No email, no membership!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Valve Stem Seal  (Read 224 times)
psychohamster
Two cylinders

View Profile
« on: August 24, 2018, 12:30:40 AM »

Is it possible to change the #1 intake valve stem seal without removing the rocker arm assembly?
psychohamster
Two cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 07:22:21 PM »

I was informed by a toyota engine build tech that "NO" the seal cannot be changed without removing the rocker arm assembly, but he did say it can be removed and replaced without replacing the head gasket. I guess as long as you don't "POP" the gasket seal it is feasible. I game, it saves a buttload of work.
ReelDeal
Two cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 05:28:30 AM »

Yes, kinda like changing out a cam the same way,  but I never wanted to try it. Better chances with a MLS gasket
T
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: