22RTE-Trucks
August 19, 2018, 09:39:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Hi all - Welcome back for the second time this month!

I apologize for the inconvenience of the site being offline. The site was down for technical reasons, but it didn't help that I was of offline for two weeks (camping and travel). Once I got back, it took a while to get things sorted out. That's resolved, and the site is now back up. Huzzah!

Please take a minute and read the Site News thread I've posted in the General section, and feel free to comment. Thanks!

mosk
Admin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling Somewhat-factory 1987 22RTE Pickup  (Read 32 times)
coloradocat3

View Profile
« on: August 11, 2018, 03:59:30 PM »

I'm just going to copy-paste my craiglist ad, below. This is for sale in southbay LA. Shoot me a text if you want more info: 7eight1-6oh8-518....and the last number is 3+1. I swear these bots get smarter every day.

2-owner (!) 1987 Toyota pickup for sale. I've had this truck for over 16 years, but it's time to sell as I now need a vehicle that seats more than 2 people.

More about the truck: this is the pinnacle of the 22-RE evolution. Came with a factory CT-20 turbo, has since been replaced with a T3/T4 turbo from LC-engineering. Other features:

- 22-RTE engine. This is the fuel-injected, turbo version of the venerable 22-R, built only for two model years (1986-1987)
- Engine rebuilt about 15k miles ago (currently at about 160k miles)
- Manual R151F transmission (great for off-roading, has a very low 1st gear)
- Extended cab body style, including SR-5 package (top-of-the-line at the time)
- 6' bed, includes aluminum topper and sweet original strobe decals
- Limited slip rear differential
- Locking front differential
- Twin-stick transfer case
- Ramsey 6,000lb winch, including wired remote
- Sound system, including aftermarket in-dash mounted tweeters, 10" subwoofer, and under-seat alpine amp
- Comes with 31x10.50R15 BFG AT tires on it
- A few aftermarket parts including clutch master and slave cylinders, brake master cylinder, etc.

Everything is in good working order with the exception of the driver's side switch for the passenger window (likely just corrosion on the switch paddle, but I'll throw in a spare window relay just in case). There is the beginnings of some body rust, but this could be nipped in the bud with some judicious body work. I never got the title transferred to CA, but comes with a clean MA title.

This has been my daily driver for literally a decade and a half, and I'm bummed to part with it. $5,000 OBO.

You can see pics of it here: losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/d/1987-toyota-pickup-22-rte-sr5/6668172729.html
Hit me up if you want more pictures.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: