22RTE-Trucks
August 19, 2018, 09:40:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New members: Due to spam -- and you wouldn't believe how much there is -- new membership is not granted automatically. To become a member, please complete the registration process AND send an email to admin@22rte-trucks.com. The email can be brief, and should demonstrate you are a real person interested in these trucks and not a spammer. Your privacy is respected, and your email address will never be shared. See this threadfor more info.

New members MUST follow through with an email or their membership will not be approved.

Really: No email, no membership!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Not able to boost  (Read 288 times)
rod1210

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2018, 01:59:08 PM »

alright so I would first start off by saying I have tried to research this topic but no luck.

so what happens is whenever I try to go into boost the truck just his of sputters and its kind of like a fuel cut but worse. I have tried swapping aim and I just re adjusted my tps. it drives perfectly normal afr are normal when idling and driving. it seems to only happen when the  turbo light comes on the cluster. but on my boost gauge im only able to get like .5 of a pound as soon as that light comes on its a no go completely.

I read some where that the truck knows its going into boost based off the arm and tps. I have swapped spare afms' in there as well. I'm just completely lost and looking for some ideas.

also there are no codes being thrown at all
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 02:06:48 PM by rod1210 » Logged
Ronmar
Global Moderator
All cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 04:18:40 AM »

Check all your plumbing, particularly where the pipe connects to the rubber boot at the throttle body.  Could be that they are just loosely fitted, stays together in vacume, but as soon as you boost it parts and vents massive amounts of air...

Ron

It ain't broke till I can't make parts for it...
My gallery
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: