22RTE-Trucks
January 17, 2019, 03:01:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New members: Due to spam -- and you wouldn't believe how much there is -- new membership is not granted automatically. To become a member, please complete the registration process AND send an email to admin@22rte-trucks.com. The email can be brief, and should demonstrate you are a real person interested in these trucks and not a spammer. Your privacy is respected, and your email address will never be shared. See this threadfor more info.

New members MUST follow through with an email or their membership will not be approved.

Really: No email, no membership!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Back on the road.  (Read 339 times)
jrunner
One cylinder

View Profile
« on: April 28, 2018, 04:54:00 AM »

Hi all hope all is well I finally got him back on the road. I got side tracked for a while but kept working on it little by little. First I want to thank all of you for posting and answering on this forum it's great to come to a site where you can get help and opinions from others with common interest. Since 1987 I have been with my truck from daily driver, street racing (no just stop light to stop light) work truck numerous different jobs and now fun toy. Last year I retorqed the head valve adjustment belts hoses bled the brake system flushed out the radiator (wanted a new radiator but didn't trust the internet) New intercooler vacuum hoses ac compressor and finally after 4 attempts pass the strict California smog. In los Angeles if you need a new catalytic converter it has to be special with the numbers on it and visually seen also not sure about the rest of the country but here there's two different smog stations regular smog for newer vehicles and Star smog for older cars also a under the hood visual inspection. Also I just paid my registration $149.00 no late fee yes that's right I remember when it was $52.00. I can tell you it was well worth the money and time fixing my truck it is still fun on boost on the freeway highway interstate. Good luck to all of you original sport truck owners and let's keep em running.

1986 extra cab 22rte Sr5 5spd posi street port studs Garrett intercooler (removed hks fuel management stop working years ago) 2 1/2" exhaust w 3 chamber flow master weld drag lights some squeeks and rattles. Not the fastest or cleanest but just happy it's running. Oh yeah it's been totaled out at least 5 times and I keep fixing it either I'm stupid crazy or I just love this truck Hope to be back soon los Angeles is the rat race. Thank you very much.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 07:03:32 PM by jrunner » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: