22RTE-Trucks
August 19, 2018, 09:40:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New members: Due to spam -- and you wouldn't believe how much there is -- new membership is not granted automatically. To become a member, please complete the registration process AND send an email to admin@22rte-trucks.com. The email can be brief, and should demonstrate you are a real person interested in these trucks and not a spammer. Your privacy is respected, and your email address will never be shared. See this threadfor more info.

New members MUST follow through with an email or their membership will not be approved.

Really: No email, no membership!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Engine Swap Info needed  (Read 348 times)
psychohamster
Two cylinders

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2018, 11:48:08 PM »

First: Does a W56 and an R150 trans use the same clutch pressure plate as far a splines go? Are there any differences?

Second: Is it possible to swap the 22RTE with another without removing the trans and just unbolting it? I use to do it on the older domestics but don't know if it is just too much trouble to do in this case.

I'm going to be putting in my son's new 22 rte into my truck starting next week. My ct20 is staring to smoke more often and more excessively, but it still runs great. I thought I blew the turbo but it was just too cold when I jumped on it and it stumbled. Still getting the 6 pound boost out of it. I'm going to list it in the For Sale section.

Thanks
ReelDeal
Two cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 08:39:27 AM »

I have pulled and rebuilt my 22rte without pulling the trans. Don't know about the W56 vs the R150 clutch.
psychohamster
Two cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 01:03:37 AM »

I finished the swap and the clutch works for both, the R150 is a few inches longer then the W56 (in the tailshaft).
I took the tranny out with the engine, it probably was the simpler way to go.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: