22RTE-Trucks
April 18, 2019, 11:12:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New members: Due to spam -- and you wouldn't believe how much there is -- new membership is not granted automatically. To become a member, please complete the registration process AND send an email to admin@22rte-trucks.com. The email can be brief, and should demonstrate you are a real person interested in these trucks and not a spammer. Your privacy is respected, and your email address will never be shared. See this threadfor more info.

New members MUST follow through with an email or their membership will not be approved.

Really: No email, no membership!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What has happened  (Read 1293 times)
ReelDeal
Two cylinders

View Profile
« on: January 26, 2018, 05:41:07 PM »

What has happened to the forum? I can't believe that there hasn't been any action or weeks. This used to be a great forum. How do get the activity going again? Sad
T
swerks
Two cylinders

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 03:44:29 AM »

cant afford to lose this resource

86 Turbo 4Runner
Shanex-2
Two cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 07:57:56 PM »

sadly I believe its a sign of the times , not many people have loads of usable cash to have fun with anymore and since the supply of our type of trucks is dwindling
people are losing interest. Sometimes I wonder why I am still bothering with my EDIS kit. 

function befor style
psychohamster
Two cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 11:04:11 PM »

As soon as I break something I'll be posting again.
bronz truck
Two cylinders

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2018, 12:30:46 AM »

Well for me I finished my rebuild.  Its Running good. 
My truck is beginning to rust.  Fixing this is beyond my skills...
I drive it when I can. Every day my choose drive my 17 year old car, that gets 26 MPG while driving over mountain pass, or drive my 31 year old truck that gets 16 MPG and hope the hill don't brake something...
The car has ABS brakes.  My truck does not.  People drive 10-25 MPH faster than the speed limit (and people drive 10-25 MPH slower than the speed limit, in the slow lane).  I can cope in my car.  My truck is not up for that...

1987 Extra Cab, 4x4,  SR-5, 22RTE; ~10K miles on second rebuild, ARP studs, LCE Head - DOA parts, 30-over and ~8.0:1 CR - custom pistons. TEC Turbo. 9-10 PSI. 2.5in Exhaust. A Duel purpose Vehicle - My main HAM Vehicle - 14 Antenna's...
skebe22RTE
Two cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2018, 05:22:59 AM »

What has happened to the forum? I can't believe that there hasn't been any action or weeks. This used to be a great forum. How do get the activity going again? Sad
T

i havenít been on this site for ages myself, iím just as guilty... i feel this is a dying breed, plus the facebook page is where most everyoneís at... but my excuse is just the fact that life is busy busy busy... iíll try and come on here more, but iím not much help since this turbo thing is new to me... iím the original owner of my 86 but it was originally an RE...

cant afford to lose this resource

yup, i agree brutha
sadly I believe its a sign of the times , not many people have loads of usable cash to have fun with anymore and since the supply of our type of trucks is dwindling
people are losing interest. Sometimes I wonder why I am still bothering with my EDIS kit. 

donít give up man, we need everyoneís support
dfarr67
One cylinder

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 03:55:47 PM »

Have you tried selling to LCE ?
Shanex-2
Two cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2018, 04:01:18 AM »

Have you tried selling to LCE ?
[/quote]

No . I have talked to many people and it seems that most of the people that have these trucks that are willing to put in the time and money are switching over to the 2 and 3 RZ or a small block engine. lets face it you can find them in the junk yard pretty easily in most areas.

That being said I have come too far with it to give up now.

P.S. has anyone elses work life become insanely busy?

function befor style
91mr2sw20
Two cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2019, 04:37:36 AM »

Hey guys i remember chating with a few of you i have been super busy with work buying a house and starting a family still have the 86 turbo turd she needs alot of love maybe ill start a thread soon.
spideynut
Two cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2019, 06:57:02 AM »

Hi, gang Ive been wrenching on mine here and there. Actually came here looking for a water return for my ct20 mine rusted in half. will post in classifieds also.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: