22RTE-Trucks
August 20, 2017, 09:59:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New members: Due to spam -- and you wouldn't believe how much there is -- new membership is not granted automatically. To become a member, please complete the registration process AND send an email to admin@22rte-trucks.com. The email can be brief, and should demonstrate you are a real person interested in these trucks and not a spammer. Your privacy is respected, and your email address will never be shared. See this threadfor more info.

New members MUST follow through with an email or their membership will not be approved.

Really: No email, no membership!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Site News - the site is back up, plus thoughts about its future  (Read 165 times)
mosk
Pooh Bah
Administrator
All cylinders

Been there, done that

View Profile WWW
« on: July 06, 2017, 11:17:19 PM »

Hi all - Welcome back! The site was down due a software configuration issue. It took a while to get things sorted out, but the site is now back up. Huzzah, and thanks for your patience!

Within the month, I will be working with my web host to migrate the site to new backend software (current versions of PHP, MySQL, the SimpleMachines forum software we run our forum on, etc.) The look may change, but I expect the feature set will improve. That should keep the site stable for the foreseeable future.

Sorry to be an absentee landlord of late, but my truck motivation has mellowed a lot in the last few years. I kinda did my dance with this thing and am pretty much done w/modding mine. Too many blown head gaskets, coupled with California's strict emission laws have sucked the joy from this project for me, and my interest had moved on. So it goes...

That's me, though, and not you. Just because my own interest has died down doesn't mean you have to leave.

In late June I renewed the 22rte-trucks.com and 22rtetrucks.com domain names for another 3 years, and will shortly migrate this site to new backend software, as mentioned above. Once the upgrades are complete I'll go back to being a quiet hand in the background again.

Looking to the future, I think it will be up to you, the members, to determine if you want to keep this site functioning. I don't mind being its caretaker, but I will probably want to hand it off to someone in a few years. Something to think about.

Thanks for being members of the forum!

Cheers,

mosk
Admin/Owner
22RTE-Trucks.com
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 06:14:48 AM by mosk » Logged

Ugly, but probably worth reading: Jeff's 22R-TE Page
Just sayin': If Ronmar and I both post on the same topic, listen to Ronmar! His answers are typically better and more accurate than mine. Cheesy
Shanex-2
Two cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 01:56:01 AM »

Hi mosk glad to see the site is back up and operational. I know what you mean by losing interest . I have gotten quite caught up in work myself . There are times I wonder why I even bother.

function befor style
swerks
Two cylinders

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 10:24:31 PM »

Can't be said enough, thank you for all you do to keep this site up and running smoothly!!

86 Turbo 4Runner
psychohamster
Two cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 03:34:11 AM »

I figured it was something wrong with my equipment. It's not uncommon to have issues when your puter is an old Close And Play hooked up to an Etch-A-Sketch.
mosk
Pooh Bah
Administrator
All cylinders

Been there, done that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 04:45:01 PM »

As you can probably see, I have begun the process of updating the site's software, the back end and the user facing forum software.

Be patient - it could take a few days to work out the bugs Smiley

Thanks,
mosk

Just sayin': If Ronmar and I both post on the same topic, listen to Ronmar! His answers are typically better and more accurate than mine. Cheesy
mosk
Pooh Bah
Administrator
All cylinders

Been there, done that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2017, 09:27:28 AM »

Ever have that feeling of deja vu? Well, here we are again.

I apologize for the abrupt way in which the site went down again. Blame GoDaddy, our host.

The site is mostly back up. The major backend upgrade migration worked, but the attempt to upgrade the forum software from version 1.21 to 2.x failed, and I need to figure out why, etc. In the mean time, the site is back up.

Some known issues:

* The old theme may not survive - I am still working on that.
* Some image links still broken.
* Some fonts and font sizes are wrong.
* Probably other things, too.

I will continue to work on these issues. At some point I will make another attempt to upgrade the forum software, but I'll give some notice.

Thanks for anyone still reading this - thank you for hanging in there.

Best,
mosk

ReelDeal
Two cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2017, 03:35:16 PM »

Jeff, it is all Greek to me, but I am happy to see the site up and running again!

Thank you for your efforts!

T
bronz truck
Two cylinders

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2017, 06:32:47 PM »

Jeff,

I appreciate the work you put into this.

THANK YOU!!!

Bruce

1987 Extra Cab, 4x4,  SR-5, 22RTE; ~10K miles on second rebuild, ARP studs, LCE Head - DOA parts, 30-over and ~8.0:1 CR - custom pistons. TEC Turbo. 9-10 PSI. 2.5in Exhaust. A Duel purpose Vehicle - My main HAM Vehicle - 14 Antenna's...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: