22RTE-Trucks
June 18, 2019, 10:45:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New members: Due to spam -- and you wouldn't believe how much there is -- new membership is not granted automatically. To become a member, please complete the registration process AND send an email to admin@22rte-trucks.com. The email can be brief, and should demonstrate you are a real person interested in these trucks and not a spammer. Your privacy is respected, and your email address will never be shared. See this threadfor more info.

New members MUST follow through with an email or their membership will not be approved.

Really: No email, no membership!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Drilling oil feed boss in stock 22rte location...  (Read 2215 times)
Litneon
Two cylinders

View Profile
« on: July 09, 2015, 10:22:20 PM »

What is entailed?  Has anyone done it or seen it done?  Is it as simple as drilling through a web into an existing channel or tube crossing from the oil galley?  Or do you have drill completely through the block?
Mr Stubs
Two cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 01:35:03 AM »

You would have to drill all of the way through the block. Good luck with that.

You have three options.

1# Use the extra plugged port located under the pass side motor mount.

2# Use the oil pressure gauge port (right next to the pass side motor mount)

3# Follow the rib on the outside of the block from the extra plugged port to the pressure sender. from there follow it up and over to the rear of the block. You will find a flat round spot on the ribbing right past the oil filter. That can be drilled
and tapped for oil post filter.

You can find a bit of info here along with a pic or two    http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/toyota-truck-4runner/760711-mr-stubs-notebook.html
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 01:44:47 AM by Mr Stubs » Logged

The my total "Blueberry Krunch" build..... http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=731541
Litneon
Two cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 09:58:59 AM »

Thanks.  I found that thread.  I couldn't find anyone who had said definitively whether the turbo oil channel was mostly there or not.  For the last two years, I've been using the boss under the filter.  But that is unfiltered oil, and for some reason I've been losing oil pressure to the turbo on occasion.  It has cause the failure of more than one turbo.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: