22RTE-Trucks
July 20, 2019, 03:56:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New members: Due to spam -- and you wouldn't believe how much there is -- new membership is not granted automatically. To become a member, please complete the registration process AND send an email to admin@22rte-trucks.com. The email can be brief, and should demonstrate you are a real person interested in these trucks and not a spammer. Your privacy is respected, and your email address will never be shared. See this threadfor more info.

New members MUST follow through with an email or their membership will not be approved.

Really: No email, no membership!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fixing the odometer?  (Read 5691 times)
Litneon
Two cylinders

View Profile
« on: February 11, 2015, 12:01:04 AM »

Anyone ever had any luck trying to fix an odometer that stopped working?  I recently did an SR5 cluster swap to add the tach and oil pressure gauge, but the odometer in the cluster I got doesn't seem to work.  The speedo works, but both the trip and regular odometer don't move at all.  I opened it, and nothing looks out of place.

The old cluster doesn't have a trip odometer, so swapping it's guts will likely not work.
dcg9381
Global Moderator
All cylinders

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 07:52:19 PM »

I haven't fixed one, but I've messed with them - keeping the trucks odometer while swapping speedometers.  They're mechanical... Can you use a drill to turn the speedo drive and see what isn't working?  Maybe swap in parts from a 22RE if necessary.

Litneon
Two cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 01:17:58 AM »

No, sadly mine is a bit newer with the electronic speedo.  I'll just have to see if I can find another cluster.  No worries.  I'm stoked about getting the tach and rest of the cluster working though.  The speedo does work, so it's not high on the priority list, I just can't check my mileage.
McFlymobile
One cylinder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 02:06:56 AM »

I remember seeing a post in pirate sonewhere of a guy who takes the whole thing apart to roll back the od to 0 could find your answer there

First- 84 22r SFA stolen from my back yard :@
Second- 86 22r IFS rustin oot pretty bad strippin for parts.
Now- 87 22rte
Kris
Two cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 10:53:38 PM »

I had mine apart after I did my turbo conversion. They really aren't that complex if you are reasonably mechanically inclined. 

Once it's all apart, find a way to turn the speedo and do so slowly and see what is/isn't working.
Litneon
Two cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2015, 12:45:37 AM »

It's an electronic speedo, without the mechanical speedo cable.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: