22RTE-Trucks
January 16, 2019, 03:42:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Hi all - Welcome back for the second time this month!

I apologize for the inconvenience of the site being offline. The site was down for technical reasons, but it didn't help that I was of offline for two weeks (camping and travel). Once I got back, it took a while to get things sorted out. That's resolved, and the site is now back up. Huzzah!

Please take a minute and read the Site News thread I've posted in the General section, and feel free to comment. Thanks!

mosk
Admin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What cams are good to run???  (Read 2290 times)
kauaiboy
One cylinder

View Profile
« on: November 25, 2014, 11:32:38 AM »

Wondering what cam has everyone tried out.
I have a LC pro street turbo cam and revs good to about 6k rpms. I was curious if anybody tried out the Crower stage 3?
Litneon
Two cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 01:47:29 AM »

What other mods do you have?  Cam choice is just a piece of the puzzle.

Myself?   I run a Scheider stage 2 turbo cam.  Going to a stage 3 is pointless for me for a few reasons, but most notably that my auto trans won't carry the revs out past 6000 rpm.

If you haven't hit the dyno yet, you might try.  My power up top is limited by a few other things, not the cam.  Sure, it'll pull all the way up to 6000 rpms, but it's peak power and tq were 4800 rpm and 4200 respectively.

If your power rolls off before the "power range" of the cam, then a higher stage cam likely won't garner any extra power up top.  You may also lose power down low.... 
kauaiboy
One cylinder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 02:40:14 AM »

thanks for replying....
i got a
94 block
SDS stand alone
LC stage 3 head opened up the chambers to 82-83cc
ARP studs
LC pro street turbo cam
GT25r turbo 2.5" down pipe and 2.5" piping all to a straight tru magna flo
2.5" plumbing with a intercooler
LC 9lbs flywheel which might be to light thinking of getting a 12lbs later on
5 speed 4:11 gears with a trutrac
it peaks around 10psi of boost then fluctuates around 8-9psi.  still trying to figure out what my compression ratio is at with the new head and stock re pistons
Litneon
Two cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 10:32:15 AM »

How much boost are you comfortable pushing?  And do you have a boost controller?
kauaiboy
One cylinder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 04:32:15 PM »

How much boost are you comfortable pushing?  And do you have a boost controller?

9-10 lbs right now and that's with no knocking at all. I have the turbo smart eboost controller
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: