22RTE-Trucks
March 22, 2019, 10:49:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Hi all - Welcome back for the second time this month!

I apologize for the inconvenience of the site being offline. The site was down for technical reasons, but it didn't help that I was of offline for two weeks (camping and travel). Once I got back, it took a while to get things sorted out. That's resolved, and the site is now back up. Huzzah!

Please take a minute and read the Site News thread I've posted in the General section, and feel free to comment. Thanks!

mosk
Admin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Need more top end  (Read 13114 times)
kauaiboy
One cylinder

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2014, 07:23:50 PM »

How much boost are you running?

You may need more cam, higher duration to move power band to right.

LC use to have a stage 3 turbo cam with more duration and higher lift than your current one that went along with the stage 3 head. Looks like they revised their cam selection and part numbers.

Hey I'm running about 9lbs of boost. The reason why I went with this can is because I wasn't planning on notching my Pistons. I was jus gona buy the hyper Pistons with stock bore. I know in the future though that I will be forging the piston and rods so ill be buying that stage 3 later but for now I'm jus gona deal with what I got.
kauaiboy
One cylinder

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2014, 07:25:29 PM »

"I'll probly go for the lc forged piston and rod set which runs about $985 and I think the rods are on sale so minus $45"

Have you or anyone here ever looked at Icon forged pistons? These might be a cheaper alternative. I am considering this with LC's new rods. Will save about $300.

https://www.uempistons.com/index.php?main_page=product_piston_info&cPath=8_9_14&products_id=2358&zenid=60da9d72e1a904377b9c47a2d0293ff9

Nvr seen or heard of these piston but I'm also curious on them.
kauaiboy
One cylinder

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2014, 07:36:26 PM »

"I'll probly go for the lc forged piston and rod set which runs about $985 and I think the rods are on sale so minus $45"

Have you or anyone here ever looked at Icon forged pistons? These might be a cheaper alternative. I am considering this with LC's new rods. Will save about $300.

https://www.uempistons.com/index.php?main_page=product_piston_info&cPath=8_9_14&products_id=2358&zenid=60da9d72e1a904377b9c47a2d0293ff9

Oh and also I was looking at those piston set and I think it's kinda of to low of compression for what I was looking for. I think it's 7.5-1 I'm looking for more like 8.5-1
dcg9381
Global Moderator
All cylinders

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2014, 02:57:14 PM »

The resulting compression is dependent upon head volume.  What type of head is that compression calculated with?
Note, LC has a CNC setup for cutting the stock head - they can add volume (decrease compression) for a surprisingly reasonable cost.

Litneon
Two cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2014, 09:07:58 PM »

Yeah, with my 22re head, I'm supposed to be at 8.5:1.  Still high enough to have a bit of pep off the line before boost kicks in.   But I'm at full boost around 2800 rpms in first, lower if I'm brake boosting.
kauaiboy
One cylinder

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2014, 11:30:41 PM »

The resulting compression is dependent upon head volume.  What type of head is that compression calculated with?
Note, LC has a CNC setup for cutting the stock head - they can add volume (decrease compression) for a surprisingly reasonable cost.

i bought a stage 3 head from a fren that nvr used it so i sent it to lc to open up the chambers and swap the stage 3 cam for there street turbo cam.  not to sure how much it dropped my compression but i doubt that its in the 8's since my block is a 94 block
kauaiboy
One cylinder

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2014, 11:42:37 PM »

hows this... was kinda tipsy on the way home and no one was on the road so decided to fool around

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUGkvP_Qh80&list=UU_yMgAZ_x_0PQlPM_4RLprA&index=2
pressure_cooker
One cylinder

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2014, 03:04:27 PM »

quote: "The resulting compression is dependent upon head volume.  What type of head is that compression calculated with?
Note, LC has a CNC setup for cutting the stock head - they can add volume (decrease compression) for a surprisingly reasonable cost."

I'm not sure why the insert quote function isn't working but anyways....

You are right, the spec sheet indicated 7.5 CR for 60cc head. These pistons sit 0.142 below deck. So for a 56cc (is that the standard for 22re head??), the compression bumps up to 7.8 or so given a 0.040 thick gasket and standard sizing.

quote: "i bought a stage 3 head from a fren that nvr used it so i sent it to lc to open up the chambers and swap the stage 3 cam for there street turbo cam.  not to sure how much it dropped my compression but i doubt that its in the 8's since my block is a 94 block"

This nullifies my above statement and still wouldn't work for you.
pressure_cooker
One cylinder

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2014, 03:11:52 PM »

Changing the intake manifold to a custom with shorter runners and large plenum would help in the higher rpms with the associated head work and a cam that lives in that region.

There is a custom intake manifold for our 22re presently on ebay. I can't link it because of my workplace but it is under 22r intake manifold.
Litneon
Two cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2014, 09:46:20 PM »

I'd like to see that.  It's not coming up for me under "22r intake manifold"...
pressure_cooker
One cylinder

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2014, 10:05:01 PM »

try "22r intake"
kauaiboy
One cylinder

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2014, 05:58:06 AM »

That's nice intake mani. It says that it's made for ford TB. It would make the engine bay look cleaner
Dirty Dude
Two cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2014, 04:16:05 PM »

It's also an awful lot of dough for what it is IMO.

What are the specs on your GT25 and when does it make full boost?

1972 Pinto 2.3T/MS-II v3.0.
2000 Frontier
kauaiboy
One cylinder

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2014, 04:36:52 PM »

It's also an awful lot of dough for what it is IMO.

What are the specs on your GT25 and when does it make full boost?

Yah it is
I think it's stock I guess....I bought from a guy and got it from lc. It's the ct20 upgrade kit that they sell
kauaiboy
One cylinder

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2014, 04:43:25 PM »

I'm making about 9lbs of boost. I think it could go more but I need to fine tune it
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: