22RTE-Trucks
July 20, 2019, 04:19:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New members: Due to spam -- and you wouldn't believe how much there is -- new membership is not granted automatically. To become a member, please complete the registration process AND send an email to admin@22rte-trucks.com. The email can be brief, and should demonstrate you are a real person interested in these trucks and not a spammer. Your privacy is respected, and your email address will never be shared. See this threadfor more info.

New members MUST follow through with an email or their membership will not be approved.

Really: No email, no membership!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 22re head on 22rte block?  (Read 2910 times)
Turbolouie
One cylinder

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2014, 03:42:16 AM »

well i just got my 87 sr5 22rte truck and  i decided to do a tuneup on her and  do a piston compression test on her,   first of all  one of the sparkplug holes on the head had bin retreaded   some dum nut  mest it up before,  second   piston 1  90psi    piston 2  90psi    piston 3  30 psi   and the last one  i cant do it its the mest up one.  Angry   

so  i desided to do a hole rebuild   got the rebuilt kit from lc engineering  but   wondering what shud i do whit my head options    shud i buy another head and fix that one  or try to fix the one i got,  and if i do  get another whitch is my best option  ?   thanks guys   ur info will be  most  helpfull    Grin
scohee

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 04:20:58 PM »

I was rebuilding my 86 22Rte and ran into my head being warped you can run the 22 head on your turbo motor the difference in head are the rte head has a 30cc bigger Combustion chamber so if your still running the turbo you will gain bottom end power but loss alot of the top end power I just replaced my head I found a place that will ship you a fully rebuilt head with warrenty I payed $270 delivered to my door and they pay the shipping to send your old head back to them they only deal with heads nothing else
 the place was called
 cylinder heads international
# 1800 942 4503
ReelDeal
Two cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 03:02:21 AM »

I have cc'd both the 22re & the 22rte head and the actual numbers are 54cc for the re head and 63cc for the rte head. The number that has been floating around for the rte head of 84cc just isn't accurate.

T
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 01:52:07 AM by ReelDeal » Logged
79spitfire
One cylinder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 04:12:14 PM »

I put the standard 22re head on mine. It's worked out great so far. I limit the boost to 7psi and only run premium fuel (you should do that anyway!)

The bottom end power and smoothness has substantially increased. Mind you your never going to go out and show the 'Honda turbo crowd' how it's done with just one change, but for reliable truck usage it's worked out well for me!

I strive to be the person my cat thinks I am...
turtlecharged_RN5
Global Moderator
Three cylinders

'86 SR5 Turbo X-tra Cab

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 12:49:31 AM »

I recommend getting a new head if you can fit it in your budget.

The New castings are better because they have not been overheated, corroded, welded, and have not had multiple valve jobs cut into the seats.

Rebuilt heads are risky because you are putting a lot of faith into the honesty and integrity of the shop not to give you a head casting that should have been scrapped long ago.

LC can machine a new head to have the RTE chamber if you want to keep it original. There is also a couple head castings that are offered with the larger rte chamber as well.

I personally like the "AMC" brand heads because they are better quality than the Toyota factory heads.
scohee

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 07:04:30 PM »

Well the 30cc specks is what the factory toyota mechanic and LC engineering told me and what I have found researcing them also and LC engineering wants $500 for them to make it a turbo head & without cam
currently im looking for another turbo or a ct26 to rebuild and replace the ct20 because my current ct20 has a small crack by the wast gate
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: