22RTE-Trucks
January 16, 2019, 04:40:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Hi all - Welcome back for the second time this month!

I apologize for the inconvenience of the site being offline. The site was down for technical reasons, but it didn't help that I was of offline for two weeks (camping and travel). Once I got back, it took a while to get things sorted out. That's resolved, and the site is now back up. Huzzah!

Please take a minute and read the Site News thread I've posted in the General section, and feel free to comment. Thanks!

mosk
Admin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gasket on Turbo Engineering Kit  (Read 3962 times)
CMG
Two cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2017, 04:34:27 AM »

From my experience in a worst case scenario I would go without a gasket between turbo and manifold, but nowhere else.  Also in a worst case scenario if going without a gasket you can spread some rtv on one surface and bolt down and any possible pinhole leaks would fill with carbon soon enough.  Since you are throwing on a new turbo I would recommend doing it right.  There are a few different 5 bolt flange patterns but you should be able to search and get one off ebay for cheap and quick.
swerks
Two cylinders

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2018, 04:29:32 PM »

so I did add a gasket here after 8 years without and it sealed nicely and runs as good as new   FYI

86 Turbo 4Runner
ReelDeal
Two cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2018, 06:27:45 PM »

I've burnt through several gaskets here and at the turbo adapter. I bought some MLS gaskets off of Fleabay and they seem to be holding up better.

T
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: