22RTE-Trucks
March 22, 2019, 10:48:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New members: Due to spam -- and you wouldn't believe how much there is -- new membership is not granted automatically. To become a member, please complete the registration process AND send an email to admin@22rte-trucks.com. The email can be brief, and should demonstrate you are a real person interested in these trucks and not a spammer. Your privacy is respected, and your email address will never be shared. See this threadfor more info.

New members MUST follow through with an email or their membership will not be approved.

Really: No email, no membership!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gasket on Turbo Engineering Kit  (Read 4132 times)
CMG
Two cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2017, 04:34:27 AM »

From my experience in a worst case scenario I would go without a gasket between turbo and manifold, but nowhere else.  Also in a worst case scenario if going without a gasket you can spread some rtv on one surface and bolt down and any possible pinhole leaks would fill with carbon soon enough.  Since you are throwing on a new turbo I would recommend doing it right.  There are a few different 5 bolt flange patterns but you should be able to search and get one off ebay for cheap and quick.
swerks
Two cylinders

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2018, 04:29:32 PM »

so I did add a gasket here after 8 years without and it sealed nicely and runs as good as new   FYI

86 Turbo 4Runner
ReelDeal
Two cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2018, 06:27:45 PM »

I've burnt through several gaskets here and at the turbo adapter. I bought some MLS gaskets off of Fleabay and they seem to be holding up better.

T
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: