Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 04:07:28 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: New members: Due to spam -- and you wouldn't believe how much there is -- new membership is not granted automatically. To become a member, please complete the registration process AND send an email to admin@22rte-trucks.com. The email can be brief, and should demonstrate you are a real person interested in these trucks and not a spammer. Your privacy is respected, and your email address will never be shared. See this topic for more info.

New members MUST follow through with an email or their membership will not be approved.

Really: No email, no membership!

+  22RTE-Trucks
|-+  All 22RTE, all the time
| |-+  22RTE - General discussion
| | |-+  Injector Size
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Injector Size  (Read 585 times)
Alohayota
Two cylinders

dat ass tho. Lol

View Profile
Injector Size
« on: July 06, 2013, 11:01:37 PM »

I recently had my mind stuck on the thought that the 22RTE had 190cc/min flow rate injectors. I wanted to get bigger ones to go with the new 55 trim t3/t4 turbo and inter cooler so i got 211cc injectors to go a little bit bigger. I'm thinking i was way of on the stock size and i guess the 22rte came with 295cc injectors? i feel like a dumby but am i right there? If so does anyone have a size and particular injector to go with the bigger turbo, inter-cooler, manifolds, AFM, piping and just obviously way more air flow? My first build, and investment!

I'm learning a lot but hate making mistakes.
85Hilux

Email
Re: Injector Size
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 10:56:47 AM »

the stock 22rte injectors are 295cc.  the 190cc I want to say is for the 22re without turbo.
really depends on how much boost and fuel you will need, and with the stock ecu the larger you go on injectors the more trouble you will have fine tuning it, but at least 330cc if you want a little more fuel but 400-440cc with the larger afm would make the most sense.
Alohayota
Two cylinders

dat ass tho. Lol

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 08:20:00 PM »

okay thanks. Any idea on an certain in injector or site that i can find some around that? Like 415cc/min, iv been looking around a bit but haven't found anything yet.
turtlecharged_RN5
Global Moderator
Three cylinders

'86 SR5 Turbo X-tra Cab

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 11:12:45 AM »

Some folks use the Supra 440cc injectors and change the clips to match.

If you want to get something around 330cc, check with RC engineering in Torrance California.

You can find several injector suppliers to find the right one for your needs/wants.

If you are using the factory RTE ECU, make sure the injectors are low impedance. High impedance injectors will not work properly with the RTE injector drivers in the ECU.
Alohayota
Two cylinders

dat ass tho. Lol

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 08:41:40 PM »

Some folks use the Supra 440cc injectors and change the clips to match.

If you want to get something around 330cc, check with RC engineering in Torrance California.

You can find several injector suppliers to find the right one for your needs/wants.

If you are using the factory RTE ECU, make sure the injectors are low impedance. High impedance injectors will not work properly with the RTE injector drivers in the ECU.

okay thanks. Thats what i needed to know. I need low impedance peak and hold injectors arround 400cc/min is what im thinking Smiley
85Hilux

Email
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 10:20:23 AM »

330cc injectors came factory on the 2jzge and will drop in high impedance and all just need new clips.

you can use high impedance injectors, the ecu is looking for high impedance, that is why the RTE uses low impedance injectors plus a injector resistor pack.  the resitor pack essentially turns low impedance injectors into high impedance injectors as far as the ecu is concerned, and just about every toyota ecu made looks for high impedance on the line, and if the injector is low impedance from the factory, you will always find a resistor pack for them under the hood.  When using high impedance injectors, you can simple bypass the resistor pack and install high impedance injectors, which is what I prefer to do.

since you have the resistor pack setup though already stock, you might as well use 7mgte 440cc inejctors they are low impedance and will drop right in just use the newer rounder clips the same as the 2jzge which are 330's, but remember the 7m are low impedance and you keep the resistor pack, the 2jzge are high impedance and you *must* bypass the resistor pack or you will hurt the ecu.

to bypass the resistor you just tie the one input wire from the power block, to the 2 output wires going to the injectors.  there is a bypass with connectors and all on ebay right now for $30 (search for 22rte on ebay), or you can bypass it yourself.

The 7m injectors have a better spray pattern over the rte ones, and the 2jzge injectors have a better spray pattern than the 7m's even.  better spray = better atomization = better power = less detonation = happy motor and owner.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 10:23:38 AM by 85Hilux » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length