22RTE-Trucks
March 24, 2019, 07:26:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Hi all - Welcome back for the second time this month!

I apologize for the inconvenience of the site being offline. The site was down for technical reasons, but it didn't help that I was of offline for two weeks (camping and travel). Once I got back, it took a while to get things sorted out. That's resolved, and the site is now back up. Huzzah!

Please take a minute and read the Site News thread I've posted in the General section, and feel free to comment. Thanks!

mosk
Admin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: new patrs  (Read 17842 times)
toyotahonda
Two cylinders

View Profile
« on: February 20, 2013, 05:39:34 AM »

lc engineering lol

toyotahonda
Two cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 05:43:04 AM »

building a intake

toyotahonda
Two cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 05:47:39 AM »

should make high rpm power

pressure_cooker
One cylinder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 06:31:01 PM »

please document the build with photos here... Grin
CMG
Two cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 05:37:58 PM »

I was expecting much with the misspelled title but damn I/m impressed.
toyotahonda
Two cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 07:52:54 AM »

I will take pics and a video of the dyno going from the lc 2.6 stroker back to a stock stroke cuz  it just feels better lol went 93mm on the 8.1 cp pistons in steed of the 94mm I had Cuz I broke one sleeve on the last motor so fig make it a little stronger but the broken sleeve was a injector problem so 94 Mm was most likely fine using a 22re block with the 20r head had to mill it a lot to make work then put the lc 48mm valves in it then its getting a port job from hell building a intake for it along with new stainless twin scroll manifold with one ball bearing gt35r turbo and precision 1200cc injectors all on hondata s300 also ordered the lc block brace should bark the tires
pressure_cooker
One cylinder

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 12:24:34 PM »

what cam are you using?
toyotahonda
Two cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 05:36:17 PM »

I have tried every cam there is pretty much my buddie works at delta cam we took the specs off a sohc bisi moto cam and made a Toyota one I like it
toyotahonda
Two cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2013, 12:00:58 AM »

started on the head 48mm valves 5 angle valve job now have to mill alot out of it

1project2many
Global Moderator
Two cylinders

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2013, 12:02:05 PM »

You're definitely putting more money into this than the average guy.  Nice to see you don't mind working on other makes (SBC head on the bench).  Maybe that 20R head chamber is a little better for burning than the RET chamber.  I think it's a far cry from anything offered by Honda in the last 15 years.
pressure_cooker
One cylinder

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2013, 03:16:08 PM »

I have tried every cam there is pretty much my buddie works at delta cam we took the specs off a sohc bisi moto cam and made a Toyota one I like it

Is this based on the D-series or F-series motors? I assume non vtec, which level cam? 2.3, 2.4, x?
How much lift?
pressure_cooker
One cylinder

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2013, 03:18:26 PM »

BTW...keep up the good work!!!! How long are those runners on the intake? What's volume for plenum?
toyotahonda
Two cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2013, 09:17:00 PM »

I just copied a golgen eagle Honda intake if it can make a 1000hp on a Honda it will be just fine on a 22r lol
mosk
Pooh Bah
Administrator
All cylinders

Been there, done that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2013, 10:05:23 PM »

Cool intake!

I know on the 22R-series heads that 48mm valves often lead to cracks between the seats, as there's very little material left and what is left is subject to maximum stress. You're committed at this point, so I hope you don't have any issues, but in general this is not something I'd advise on our forced induction motors. More boost, yes; less material, no.

Also, for anyone considering a custom sheet-metal-style intakes for a 22R-series head: I went down that path with Leen Steed's help, and the benefit was very, very minimal.

We came up with this (pics and text in the following link):

http://www.well.com/user/mosk/2007_07_01_mosk_archive.html

After two or three months of back and forth, we finally had something that worked, so I dyno'd it. It yielded 3 rwhp and maybe 2 ft. lbs of torque over my modified late model plenum (253 rwhp vs. 250 rwhp, and 281 ft. lbs vs. 279 ft. lbs., if memory serves). In other words, it was basically a wash and any changes could have been due to weather. My point being, if there are gains to be had on our 22R-series motors, it probably isn't with the intake plenum. Even a complete sheet metal manifold -- both upper and lower, custom made, etc., probably wouldn't yield enough power to justify the cost and hassle.

Toyotahonda is using a 20R head, so he has no EFI option and has to roll his own. I don't know if you saw this, toyotahonda, but your solution is similar to one that Force EFI (of Florida) made for another turbo 20R EFI project 6 or 7 years ago:

I believe Force EFI started with a DCOE sidedraft manifold, which made the other fab work easier.

Keep us updated, toyotahonda -- I'm enjoying your project and always like it when someone swings for the fences. Cheesy

-Jeff

Ugly, but probably worth reading: Jeff's 22R-TE Page
Just sayin': If Ronmar and I both post on the same topic, listen to Ronmar! His answers are typically better and more accurate than mine. Cheesy
toyotahonda
Two cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2013, 03:37:04 AM »

I saw that intake  well its almost dry up here in wa  that means Honda season so I won't care about the Toyota for awhile lol I mite take the toyohonda to the Kent street races lol
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: