22RTE-Trucks
March 22, 2019, 10:26:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Hi all - Welcome back for the second time this month!

I apologize for the inconvenience of the site being offline. The site was down for technical reasons, but it didn't help that I was of offline for two weeks (camping and travel). Once I got back, it took a while to get things sorted out. That's resolved, and the site is now back up. Huzzah!

Please take a minute and read the Site News thread I've posted in the General section, and feel free to comment. Thanks!

mosk
Admin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: CT20 Exhaust housings  (Read 18190 times)
Thor

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2013, 01:13:38 AM »

are these still available??
                             No I called them this week they are trying to find someone else to make them if the forms are there we should buy them
buddybrown07
One cylinder

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2013, 03:52:33 AM »

i need a new exhaust housing.. i dont know where to get my turbo rebuilt now
Thor

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2013, 09:38:59 PM »

i need a new exhaust housing.. i dont know where to get my turbo rebuilt now

SO DO I!!!!!!
jeetS
Two cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2013, 09:41:00 PM »

What are these worth to people?

I just removed my ct20 that only has 30k miles on the new exhaust housing.

turbo was blowing a bit of smoke and I wanted to upgrade...
ReelDeal
Two cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2013, 01:13:03 AM »

jeets,

Sent you a PM.

T
Thor

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2013, 03:08:28 AM »

What are these worth to people?

I just removed my ct20 that only has 30k miles on the new exhaust housing.

turbo was blowing a bit of smoke and I wanted to upgrade...

I will buy your housing let me now asap thank you
turtlecharged_RN5
Global Moderator
Three cylinders

'86 SR5 Turbo X-tra Cab

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2014, 04:08:04 AM »

***New CT20 turbine housings available on eBay from China***

They are not the same as the ones I posted photos of earlier in this thread. They look like copies of the stock housing, without the design improvements of the older NLA housings.

Unknown quality, reasonably low price of $150+ shipping

If anyone has received one of the new Chinese housings please post pics and a description of the fit and quality.
glatroni
One cylinder

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2014, 09:05:29 AM »

Does the Diesel CT-20 Turbo fit on the Gas 22RTE?
http://www.cxracing.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CXR&Product_Code=TRB-CT20-2LT&Category_Code=CT2028
taoswheat

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2014, 05:00:43 PM »

I just had a 1986 pickup turbo rebuild.  Turborepair.com had the bearing and exhaust turbine and did the rebuild.  I found the exhaust housing on eBay and had it shipped to the repair shop.  The exhaust housing passed their approval and the turbo was done.  The exhaust housing was about $185 shipped and the rebuild $350 plus turbine for a total of $487 shipped.  Total rebuild was about $672.
spideynut
Two cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2014, 04:03:17 AM »

I just had a 1986 pickup turbo rebuild.  Turborepair.com had the bearing and exhaust turbine and did the rebuild.  I found the exhaust housing on eBay and had it shipped to the repair shop.  The exhaust housing passed their approval and the turbo was done.  The exhaust housing was about $185 shipped and the rebuild $350 plus turbine for a total of $487 shipped.  Total rebuild was about $672.

Thats about what I payed from Turbo and Electric 2 yrs ago for a stock rebuild. Im happy with the rebuild its like driving around in 1986!
psychohamster
Two cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2015, 04:57:33 AM »

I know this is an older thread but I thought I'd add my 2 cents anyway.

Back around 2005 I blew a turbo exhaust housing. A large chunk came out between the blowvalve and turbine (big enough to put a fat finger through). It was obvious by the instant exhaust tone, it sounded like everything from the turbo back fell out of the truck.

Anyway I called around and found a rebuilt unit in San Jose, Ca. (about 20 miles away). I can't remember the business name but they specialized in turbos, mostly for diesel engines and repairing them was the bulk of their business.
I was told it had a domestically manufactured exhaust housing that was much more stout then the stock unit.
It cost me around $1200 with a $400 core charge, new factory was $2000+.

I'm now driving my son's truck (while mine is in limbo) and it's got the stock style kit from LCE. He had the kit from CX Racing but it was a nightmare to try to install and he sent it back with a 20% restocking fee.
Anyway, the LCE unit has good lowend and a strong pull up through the RPM's.
psychohamster
Two cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2015, 11:06:28 PM »

I've got an update to my previous post.

With the turbo still bolted on the manifold I noticed just under the flange between the turbo and exhaust manifold (where the 4 bolts hold it together) there is a circle with a "MjM" inside. The circle is about the size of a quarter. This cast in symbol face toward the front of the engine.

Any ideas about this piece?
psychohamster
Two cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2015, 06:31:33 AM »

I needed some small stuff today for my truck and I've dealt with this place for over a decade. The owner, Jeff, only works with Toyota Trucks, parts out trucks, sells parts, fixes and modifies them (4x4).
He told me today 11/18/15 that he had 10 CT20 exhaust housings. He said they were Chinese made but he found a source for good castings. I have never known him to try to pawn off parts that were junk. So if your looking for a replacement you might want to contact him.
BTW he said they were going for $200.

Toy Connection
750 Comstock Street
Santa Clara, CA
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: