22RTE-Trucks
June 18, 2019, 10:54:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New members: Due to spam -- and you wouldn't believe how much there is -- new membership is not granted automatically. To become a member, please complete the registration process AND send an email to admin@22rte-trucks.com. The email can be brief, and should demonstrate you are a real person interested in these trucks and not a spammer. Your privacy is respected, and your email address will never be shared. See this threadfor more info.

New members MUST follow through with an email or their membership will not be approved.

Really: No email, no membership!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: CT20 Exhaust housings  (Read 18826 times)
Thor

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2013, 01:13:38 AM »

are these still available??
                             No I called them this week they are trying to find someone else to make them if the forms are there we should buy them
buddybrown07
One cylinder

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2013, 03:52:33 AM »

i need a new exhaust housing.. i dont know where to get my turbo rebuilt now
Thor

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2013, 09:38:59 PM »

i need a new exhaust housing.. i dont know where to get my turbo rebuilt now

SO DO I!!!!!!
jeetS
Two cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2013, 09:41:00 PM »

What are these worth to people?

I just removed my ct20 that only has 30k miles on the new exhaust housing.

turbo was blowing a bit of smoke and I wanted to upgrade...
ReelDeal
Two cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2013, 01:13:03 AM »

jeets,

Sent you a PM.

T
Thor

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2013, 03:08:28 AM »

What are these worth to people?

I just removed my ct20 that only has 30k miles on the new exhaust housing.

turbo was blowing a bit of smoke and I wanted to upgrade...

I will buy your housing let me now asap thank you
turtlecharged_RN5
Global Moderator
Three cylinders

'86 SR5 Turbo X-tra Cab

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2014, 04:08:04 AM »

***New CT20 turbine housings available on eBay from China***

They are not the same as the ones I posted photos of earlier in this thread. They look like copies of the stock housing, without the design improvements of the older NLA housings.

Unknown quality, reasonably low price of $150+ shipping

If anyone has received one of the new Chinese housings please post pics and a description of the fit and quality.
glatroni
One cylinder

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2014, 09:05:29 AM »

Does the Diesel CT-20 Turbo fit on the Gas 22RTE?
http://www.cxracing.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CXR&Product_Code=TRB-CT20-2LT&Category_Code=CT2028
taoswheat

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2014, 05:00:43 PM »

I just had a 1986 pickup turbo rebuild.  Turborepair.com had the bearing and exhaust turbine and did the rebuild.  I found the exhaust housing on eBay and had it shipped to the repair shop.  The exhaust housing passed their approval and the turbo was done.  The exhaust housing was about $185 shipped and the rebuild $350 plus turbine for a total of $487 shipped.  Total rebuild was about $672.
spideynut
Two cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2014, 04:03:17 AM »

I just had a 1986 pickup turbo rebuild.  Turborepair.com had the bearing and exhaust turbine and did the rebuild.  I found the exhaust housing on eBay and had it shipped to the repair shop.  The exhaust housing passed their approval and the turbo was done.  The exhaust housing was about $185 shipped and the rebuild $350 plus turbine for a total of $487 shipped.  Total rebuild was about $672.

Thats about what I payed from Turbo and Electric 2 yrs ago for a stock rebuild. Im happy with the rebuild its like driving around in 1986!
psychohamster
Two cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2015, 04:57:33 AM »

I know this is an older thread but I thought I'd add my 2 cents anyway.

Back around 2005 I blew a turbo exhaust housing. A large chunk came out between the blowvalve and turbine (big enough to put a fat finger through). It was obvious by the instant exhaust tone, it sounded like everything from the turbo back fell out of the truck.

Anyway I called around and found a rebuilt unit in San Jose, Ca. (about 20 miles away). I can't remember the business name but they specialized in turbos, mostly for diesel engines and repairing them was the bulk of their business.
I was told it had a domestically manufactured exhaust housing that was much more stout then the stock unit.
It cost me around $1200 with a $400 core charge, new factory was $2000+.

I'm now driving my son's truck (while mine is in limbo) and it's got the stock style kit from LCE. He had the kit from CX Racing but it was a nightmare to try to install and he sent it back with a 20% restocking fee.
Anyway, the LCE unit has good lowend and a strong pull up through the RPM's.
psychohamster
Two cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2015, 11:06:28 PM »

I've got an update to my previous post.

With the turbo still bolted on the manifold I noticed just under the flange between the turbo and exhaust manifold (where the 4 bolts hold it together) there is a circle with a "MjM" inside. The circle is about the size of a quarter. This cast in symbol face toward the front of the engine.

Any ideas about this piece?
psychohamster
Two cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2015, 06:31:33 AM »

I needed some small stuff today for my truck and I've dealt with this place for over a decade. The owner, Jeff, only works with Toyota Trucks, parts out trucks, sells parts, fixes and modifies them (4x4).
He told me today 11/18/15 that he had 10 CT20 exhaust housings. He said they were Chinese made but he found a source for good castings. I have never known him to try to pawn off parts that were junk. So if your looking for a replacement you might want to contact him.
BTW he said they were going for $200.

Toy Connection
750 Comstock Street
Santa Clara, CA
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: