Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 08:06:06 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: New members: Due to spam -- and you wouldn't believe how much there is -- new membership is not granted automatically. To become a member, please complete the registration process AND send an email to admin@22rte-trucks.com. The email can be brief, and should demonstrate you are a real person interested in these trucks and not a spammer. Your privacy is respected, and your email address will never be shared. See this topic for more info.

New members MUST follow through with an email or their membership will not be approved.

Really: No email, no membership!

+  22RTE-Trucks
|-+  All 22RTE, all the time
| |-+  22RTE - General discussion
| | |-+  CT20 Exhaust housings
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: CT20 Exhaust housings  (Read 5505 times)
ReelDeal
Two cylinders

View Profile
CT20 Exhaust housings
« on: January 12, 2011, 03:32:41 PM »

Here is a source for new exhaust housings for the CT20 turbo at a very reasonable price:

Turbo & Electric
2222 N 23rd Drive
Phoenix Az 85009
602-253-6817

I bought one 2 years ago and it is a very good unit. It is supposed to be a little stronger in the wastegate area as well. Price is under $300.

I do not have any financial interest in the company...the last I spoke with my CPA, he said I didn't have any financial interest anywhere....

T
tsholin
One cylinder

View Profile
Re: CT20 Exhaust housings
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 07:15:39 PM »

Thanks for the info. i'll give the guys in Phoenix a call tomorrow.  BTW I did so a search but is was before the 12th. Guess i should have searched again.........
ReelDeal
Two cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 11:20:46 PM »

tsholin,

No problem. It is just that you read the same questions over and over when a "search" would get the answer.

I don't know the guys in Phoenix personally, but I did buy a housing from them a couple of years ago for around $285 when everyone was saying they couldn't be found and if you did the price was $500 and up. I called them before I posted the information just to make sure they were still available for guys on the forum that really did not want or need to go for an "upgrade".

T
turtlecharged_RN5
Global Moderator
Three cylinders

'86 SR5 Turbo X-tra Cab

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 12:48:00 PM »

I just received the housing I ordered from them. It is a nice beefy casting compared to the stock. I took some comparison pics with my phone, hopefully I can post some without too much trouble.

Overall, the turbine housing has more girth, i also noticed a smoother tapered transition from the manifold flange. This housing should give an improvement in flow and possibly lower temps due to a slight reduction in the bottleneck design of the original.

I would say it is an excellent value if you have a cracked housing and are going to  maintain the CT20 on the truck.

I bought mine because I have a few dead CT20s and figured $300 to make one good again was well worth it.

Thanks again Tom for the referral!

« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 01:59:17 PM by mosk » Logged
ADD
One cylinder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 12:06:59 AM »

excuse the noob question, but i"m fairly new to these engines and my ct-20 is shot. I have been hunting for a working one for awhile but have had no luck. I wish to keep it stock for simplicity. would this option be the way to go?
turtlecharged_RN5
Global Moderator
Three cylinders

'86 SR5 Turbo X-tra Cab

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 08:03:53 AM »

Most of the housings are cracked. If you want to keep the truck totally stock (keeping the CT20) this is a good upgrade/repair for the CT20.

You may want to take your turbo to a rebuilder to see if the center section is rebuildable. If the compressor, turbine wheel or shaft are damaged, you would be better off buying a rebuildable core. One can be found here in the for sale section.
Hessyx2

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 02:21:49 PM »

Hey guys,

Im debating on if i should get this housing or upgrade the turbo, what could i upgrade to at a fairly decent price. 

how much boost can you run with the ct20 vs a upgraded turbo

i just purchased a 22rte im gonna swap out my 22re for it, and dont know if i should just get the housing and try the ct20 or just upgrade right away.  what would be my best bet?
mosk
Pooh Bah
Administrator
All cylinders

Been there, done that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 02:36:45 PM »

Before we can advise you I think you need to tell us your power goals, your budget, and your level of experience with turbocharged motors. "I want a little more power and I want it as cheaply as possible" is going to get a very different answer than "I want to make 200+ rwhp and have $4k to spend."

EDIT: Just re-read your first post and saw you are new to turbos but not new to Toyotas or the 22RE, which is fine, but to give you good advice we will still need to know your power goals and your budget. Also, it would be better to post those over in the rebuild thread you started, so this thread remains focused on the replacement exhaust housings.

Thanks,

Jeff
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 02:39:57 PM by mosk » Logged

Ugly, but probably worth reading: Jeff's 22R-TE Page
Just sayin': If Ronmar and I both post on the same topic, listen to Ronmar! His answers are typically better and more accurate than mine. Cheesy
G
Two cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2011, 02:58:28 PM »

Any link to website or part # ?

Here is a source for new exhaust housings for the CT20 turbo at a very reasonable price:

Turbo & Electric
2222 N 23rd Drive
Phoenix Az 85009
602-253-6817

I bought one 2 years ago and it is a very good unit. It is supposed to be a little stronger in the wastegate area as well. Price is under $300.

I do not have any financial interest in the company...the last I spoke with my CPA, he said I didn't have any financial interest anywhere....

T
turtlecharged_RN5
Global Moderator
Three cylinders

'86 SR5 Turbo X-tra Cab

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2011, 07:45:38 PM »

It is probably best just to call the phone number and place the order over the phone.

When I placed the order for mine, they didn't seem like the type of business with a big website. Instead, they seemed to be a small business that served as a distributor/rebuilder for other shops.

As I wrote before: it is a very good part at a very fair price for fixing a common problem. I wouldn't hesitate to buy it if you need it.
CMG
Two cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2011, 06:12:10 PM »

Also check out this:
http://www.pureturbos.com/store/
He's my friend so I do have a personal interest in the company but nonetheless if he doesn't have it he can get it.
firewheel56

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2011, 08:44:10 AM »

what is better  for CT20    carbon seal or dynamic. and  with carbon do i need a oil  deflector. THANK YOU
LunchBox
One cylinder

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2013, 06:03:08 PM »

Talked to T&E today...sending my CT20 to them.  They no longer carry the housings, nor can they get them.  He said the guy that used to make them stopped doing so.  Sad
Thor

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2013, 04:39:49 AM »

Thats bad news I was going to order one.My turbo lasted me 3 years after i rebuilt it.
buddybrown07
One cylinder

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2013, 12:58:04 PM »

are these still available??
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length