22RTE-Trucks
January 17, 2019, 03:01:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Hi all - Welcome back for the second time this month!

I apologize for the inconvenience of the site being offline. The site was down for technical reasons, but it didn't help that I was of offline for two weeks (camping and travel). Once I got back, it took a while to get things sorted out. That's resolved, and the site is now back up. Huzzah!

Please take a minute and read the Site News thread I've posted in the General section, and feel free to comment. Thanks!

mosk
Admin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Should members be allowed to start Classifieds threads linking to Craigslist items they are not selling themselves?
Yes - 8 (44.4%)
No - 2 (11.1%)
I don't care - 8 (44.4%)
Total Voters: 17

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Feelings about third party Craigslist posts?  (Read 6156 times)
mosk
Pooh Bah
Administrator
All cylinders

Been there, done that

View Profile WWW
« on: October 13, 2010, 07:43:58 PM »

Current forum policy frowns on starting For Sale threads featuring Craigslist items that are not sold directly by forum members. The above poll is intended to clarify what members feel about this policy.

Please see this thread for some relevant background discussion about why we have this policy.

Please feel free to share thoughts and comments below.

Thanks,

Jeff

Ugly, but probably worth reading: Jeff's 22R-TE Page
Just sayin': If Ronmar and I both post on the same topic, listen to Ronmar! His answers are typically better and more accurate than mine. Cheesy
jeetS
Two cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 12:05:51 AM »

jeff,
just thought id let I do see your point of view and am now leaning toward it lol

I am now riding the fence
dcg9381
Global Moderator
All cylinders

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 07:14:21 PM »

I think I lean towards allowing it, as long as it's not abused, or used as a mask for personal sales.
Posts should be clear and indicate that the poster is not associated and should indicate location.
These trucks are rare enough they're not sold very often... Sure, I can setup a filter and stream to feed actively search for these trucks, but I think I'd rather be able to use the excuse of stumbling upon a deal that I can't pass up..

Jeff's the boss.  I'm good either way and don't feel strongly about it. 

1project2many
Global Moderator
Two cylinders

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 01:18:33 PM »

If I answer the poll question, I'd give misleading information.  I do believe it's helpful to see craigslist ads but I do not feel members should be allowed to start a new threads for ads.  My tendency would be to have a continuous running thread for C's list ads, with posts over a certain age being deleted, maybe after 3 weeks or a month.  I suggest  the following qualifications:
1) Membership in this forum is required to post links to ads.
2) Members must have been members for at least a month before posting links to ads.
3) Links to your own ads should be disallowed in the running thread.  If you're selling something here take the time to post your own ad on this list.
4) If a member notices a link to something they're selling in the general thread, as a courtesy they should mention it's their item.
This should reduce the likelihood that people selling parts will stumble on the "craigslist ads" thread and sign up for membership solely to post a link to their own stuff.  It will also encourage the classifieds section to be used as intended between members.  And of course, if you're going to post a link please ensure it's actually related to these trucks.

In the end this isn't a major issue for me.  If it's too much work to allow these ads, then they don't have to be here.  

FWIW, a simple search of C's list ads can be done on Google by typing the search term followed by site:craigslist.org.  I bought a car from Ohio last year using an ad I found this way and had a very good experience overall.
" 22rte site:craigslist.org "
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 01:24:01 PM by 1project2many » Logged
turtlecharged_RN5
Global Moderator
Three cylinders

'86 SR5 Turbo X-tra Cab

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 04:28:07 AM »

I am in favor of a simple "heads-up" announcement of the CL listing.

I am one of several members that is willing to travel to find certain vehicles or parts.

When I am desperate to find something, I use crazedlist.org to search multiple cities but I would love to have the help of the forum members in finding trucks or parts too. In my group of friends, we look out for each other; like me friend looking for a Corvette.... every one I see, I pass the info on to him. My friends let me know when they see something I am looking for.

I think it is well intentioned and can always be moderated like anything else on the forum.
G
Two cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 12:36:13 AM »

I am in favor of allowing members to post CL ads for the following reasons:

These trucks are rare and we need to collectively try and save as many as possible. The more eyes we have on the street, the greater chance of rescuing one as well as finding good deals. For example, the little old lady or wife that is selling and doesn't even know how rare it is. Or the 16 year old kid that inherits a mint example and installs a boost controller and blows it up then sells it on CL for $500. Also if we form a network and help each other out one of us will always be close enough to go check out the vehicle for interested board members looking to buy it.

As far as negatives, I don't see any.
G
Two cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2011, 06:11:54 AM »

C'mon! look at this!!!!!!!!!!!  http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/2478504157.html
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 04:13:05 PM by G » Logged
CHABCOSTOY
One cylinder

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2011, 04:03:04 PM »

As long as members don't abuse the priviledge, because that is what it is I see no problem with it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: