22RTE-Trucks
July 20, 2019, 03:49:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Hi all - Welcome back for the second time this month!

I apologize for the inconvenience of the site being offline. The site was down for technical reasons, but it didn't help that I was of offline for two weeks (camping and travel). Once I got back, it took a while to get things sorted out. That's resolved, and the site is now back up. Huzzah!

Please take a minute and read the Site News thread I've posted in the General section, and feel free to comment. Thanks!

mosk
Admin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 22RTE-Trucks.com now supports Tapatalk for iPhone, BlackBerry, Android and Nokia  (Read 9379 times)
mosk
Pooh Bah
Administrator
All cylinders

Been there, done that

View Profile WWW
« on: June 04, 2010, 01:55:17 AM »

I've been unable to reply to posts from my iPhone for a while, so I've kept my eyes open for a solution. I recently learned that Pirate4x4 was using a plugin-and-client setup called Tapatalk to make it easier to interact with their forums from a number of smart phones. I was intrigued and took a look at the service, and liked what I saw, so I decided to deploy it here. Hopefully those of you with smart phones will like it, too.

Tapatalk is a phone app that works in concert with a plug-in hosted from our site. The server/client model facilitates easy interaction between your phone and the forum, without having to go through the layer of a web browser. it's essentially a dedicated client for browsing and using forums that are a) using compatible forum hosting software, and b) have installed/configured the Tapatalk plugin.

The full app is not free, but it's also not very expensive ($2.99, I believe). There's also a free version that's read only so you can try it first (or just use the free version to browse).

The Tapatalk web site can be found here:

http://www.tapatalk.com/

The way to use this is to download the app to your supported phone or mobile device (e.g., iPhone users would download it through the App Store), launch the app, search for our forum (by name), log into it, and enjoy!

I am not affiliated with TapaTalk in any way. I am not making any money off of this, and you are under no obligation to try it. However, if you were frustrated that you couldn't easily access or post to the forum from your phone, this appears to be a solution.

My plan is to try this, at least for a while. If people don't like it for some reason, let me know in this thread and I'll remove it.

I think this goes without saying, but just to be clear: I'm not providing any support for Tapatalk, especially for phones I don't own! I have enough to do between job, family, and working on my trucks! If you are having a problem getting this to work for you, post in this thread, and hopefully other users will step up and offer suggestions.

Also, feedback is welcome -- let me know if you like this, hate this, or have no intention of using it ever.

Enjoy!

Jeff

EDIT 10/15/10: Removed their sample screen shots, which were large. See their web site for screen shots, etc.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 05:56:17 PM by mosk » Logged

Ugly, but probably worth reading: Jeff's 22R-TE Page
Just sayin': If Ronmar and I both post on the same topic, listen to Ronmar! His answers are typically better and more accurate than mine. Cheesy
ghostcaptain
One cylinder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 12:46:54 AM »

Hi Jeff,

First time commenter long time listener. I purchased tapatalk for the iPhone and it works great, easy loggin also.

-ghostcaptain
mosk
Pooh Bah
Administrator
All cylinders

Been there, done that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 06:58:00 PM »

Hi Jeff,

First time commenter long time listener. I purchased tapatalk for the iPhone and it works great, easy loggin also.

Cool. Is anyone else using this, or is it just the two of us, lol.

It's a very simple-to-deploy plug-in, it works, and it doesn't seem to have made the site unstable, so even if it's just me and you I'm going to keep it running.

Thanks for the feedback,

Jeff

Just sayin': If Ronmar and I both post on the same topic, listen to Ronmar! His answers are typically better and more accurate than mine. Cheesy
mosk
Pooh Bah
Administrator
All cylinders

Been there, done that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 10:21:33 PM »

On 9/30 I upgraded the Tapatalk plugin to the newest version and now the forum does not seem to be accessible through their mobile phone app. I've taken the problem to their support system, but may not get any resolution for a few days. I'll update this thread when it's working again. Thanks for your patience.

Jeff

mosk
Pooh Bah
Administrator
All cylinders

Been there, done that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 05:26:56 PM »

Good news, everyone!

No, really  Smiley

The Tapatalk folks updated their plugin, which in turn fixes our access issue. You can now read and post to the forum again via the Tapatalk mobile phone app.

Enjoy,

Jeff

jeetS
Two cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 10:22:47 PM »

No blackberry yet I guess. I'm posting from my blackberry but I can't view images n stuff
mosk
Pooh Bah
Administrator
All cylinders

Been there, done that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2010, 12:23:54 AM »

They have (or used to have?) a beta of their Blackberry app (note that we run the Tapatalk plugin on our server to enable Tapatalk support, but you need to install the appropriate Tapatalk app on your mobile device, too, to make this work for you). I'd read through the Tapatalk>Blackberry forum and see if you can find what you need:

http://www.tapatalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29

Good luck. Please report back.

-Jeff

mosk
Pooh Bah
Administrator
All cylinders

Been there, done that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2010, 05:57:34 PM »

Updated to the latest version of the Tapatalk plugin today. Let me know if you experience any issues.

Jeff

mosk
Pooh Bah
Administrator
All cylinders

Been there, done that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2011, 12:52:52 AM »

I updated to the forum to the latest version of the Tapatalk plugin today (v1.20). Let me know if you experience any issues - I found I needed to restart my phone to fully log out/log back into the forum in the Tapatalk application, but it now works fine (iPhone 4; iOS 4.3.5).

Jeff

mosk
Pooh Bah
Administrator
All cylinders

Been there, done that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2013, 05:39:10 PM »

I updated to the forum to the latest version of the Tapatalk plugin today (v2.1.1). Let me know if you experience any issues. The new version should be more robust, with more and better image and video support. Enjoy!

Jeff

mosk
Pooh Bah
Administrator
All cylinders

Been there, done that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2014, 03:59:38 PM »

I updated to the forum to the latest version of the Tapatalk plugin today (v3.0.0). Let me know if you experience any issues. The new version should be more robust, with better security, better image support, etc. Enjoy!

-Jeff

IMPORTANT: IF YOU HAVE DIFFICULTY LOGGING IN, YOU MAY NEED TO DELETE YOUR PREVIOUS ENTRY FOR OUR FORUM FROM THE TAPATALK APP ON YOUR PHONE, THEN ADD THE FORUM AGAIN.

If you experience any log in errors, try this first.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: