22RTE-Trucks
December 10, 2018, 08:30:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Hi all - Welcome back for the second time this month!

I apologize for the inconvenience of the site being offline. The site was down for technical reasons, but it didn't help that I was of offline for two weeks (camping and travel). Once I got back, it took a while to get things sorted out. That's resolved, and the site is now back up. Huzzah!

Please take a minute and read the Site News thread I've posted in the General section, and feel free to comment. Thanks!

mosk
Admin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Vacuum diagrams  (Read 27374 times)
mosk
Pooh Bah
Administrator
All cylinders

Been there, done that

View Profile WWW
« on: March 13, 2010, 05:14:50 AM »

Stock vacuum diagrams:

Feel free to add to this thread with more info and images if you have them.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 09:14:57 AM by mosk » Logged

Ugly, but probably worth reading: Jeff's 22R-TE Page
Just sayin': If Ronmar and I both post on the same topic, listen to Ronmar! His answers are typically better and more accurate than mine. Cheesy
mosk
Pooh Bah
Administrator
All cylinders

Been there, done that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 04:06:49 PM »

And this one, which is basically the Holy Grail of 22RTE vacuum diagrams:

Scan/image credit: muscleinc1320. Thanks!!

Jeff

Just sayin': If Ronmar and I both post on the same topic, listen to Ronmar! His answers are typically better and more accurate than mine. Cheesy
muscleinc1320
Two cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 11:37:15 PM »

haha dont thank me this guy at the toyota dealership gave it to me
Scavngr
One cylinder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 12:48:34 AM »

May be a dumb question.  But if I removed the EGR and used the block off plate.  Which vacuum lines are still required.  It is hard to figure it out because all the diagrams seem like almost all the hoses are for EGR

Thanks for the help

86 4Runner 22RTE
4" Procomp Stage II suspension lift
Enginbldr head/cam
LC Engeneering Larger Throttle Body
and many little extras
BLACKROCKFAB
One cylinder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 07:45:33 PM »

I second that question, (above)
mosk
Pooh Bah
Administrator
All cylinders

Been there, done that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 08:57:47 PM »

"Required?"

The vacuum/pressure line to the fuel pressure regulator is required.
The PCV line is also pretty much required.
The power steering idle-up line is generally a good idea.
The line to the charcoal canister is also a good idea, but should have a check valve so you don't inadvertently pressurize the canister.
I think the remaining lines are "optional". It really depends on how modified your motor is. The ECU assumes those other lines are in place and functional, but as you move further away from stock you also move further away from the stock tuning tables, so I think those other lines become less relevant.

Ron or someone else may be able to offer a more nuanced view.

BLACKROCKFAB
One cylinder

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 01:11:00 AM »

Thanks for the response. Well ironically the 4runner I bought was scavngr (guy who asked question above). The motor has an rv head, cam, lc throttle body and k and n intake. Hope that helps. Thanks again for the help. Thanks kyle
Ronmar
Global Moderator
All cylinders

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2011, 01:47:38 AM »

Jeff hit all the gotta have's.  Basically if you loose the EGR, you can remove the metal vacume tube assembly attached alongside the passenger side of the valve cover, and all the hoses and bits that attach to it.  Really cleans up the engine...  At the bottom of this post is a link to my gallery, that shows my engine from the top minus EGR and all associated plumbing...
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 01:52:33 AM by Ronmar » Logged

Ron

It ain't broke till I can't make parts for it...
My gallery
BLACKROCKFAB
One cylinder

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2011, 03:17:24 AM »

Cool. Thanks alot for the help. The egr has been remove already but when I got the truck it just wants runing 100 percent so I just want to check everything. Start with the vac lines. I will b posting other questions on tps, timing and mass air flow. Thanks again kyle
mrarmyant
One cylinder

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2011, 03:10:08 AM »

On the mother of all diagram photos, is 25806 (VALVE) necessary?  What does it do?  I'm cleaning out a bunch of lines and removed that when working on something and don't want to deal with it.

Also, can the charcoal canister line be moved to another port on the intake say towards the back where EGR once went to clean up the look?
mrarmyant
One cylinder

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2011, 03:40:32 AM »

Anyone know what it does?
mosk
Pooh Bah
Administrator
All cylinders

Been there, done that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2011, 10:47:21 PM »

Anyone know what it does?

I removed mine when I cleaned up my vacuum, hoses and went to a standalone system. Notice how I am not telling you what it does, as I was never completely sure.  Grin  But if you are using an aftermarket EFI system, you don't need it.

mrarmyant
One cylinder

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2011, 08:34:08 AM »

I even forgot where it went from and to lol.  Oh well.  I'll just disconnect most of it cap it and if it doesn't run figure it out from there.  What's the deal with the fuel rail?  That connects to ____ and raises the fuel pressure for 4x4 mode? 
BLACKROCKFAB
One cylinder

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2011, 06:40:13 PM »

Guys on the back of my char coal canister on the inner fender well on the pass side there is a hose that comes out and goes down next to the frame. It doesn't connect to anything and im losing a ton of vacuum threw it. Where does it go?

mosk
Pooh Bah
Administrator
All cylinders

Been there, done that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2011, 07:10:19 PM »

Sorry, BLACKROCKFAB, but please remind me: what year is your truck?

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: